Tiramisu with fried ice cream
Oleg Dendeberya is one of our chefs at the Park Inn by Radisson Donetsk, in this blog he shares his recipe for an exquisite Tiramisu with fried ice cream. Impress your friends or woo your significant other with this delicious dish.
For one portion:
- 60g mascarpone cheese
- 1 egg
- 15g icing sugar
- 70g Italian ladyfingers (Savoyardi)
- 30ml strong coffee
- 10ml Liqueur Amaretto
- 5g coco powder
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Whip egg whites to form stiff peaks.
- Whip egg yolks with sugar powder.
- Add some of the creamy Italian mascarpone cheese, and beat until smooth. Prepare coffee, espresso coffee is advised, allow it to cool.
- Combine the coffee and amaretto liqueur in a bowl. Dip ladyfinger biscuits into the chilled coffee mixture. Do not soak the biscuits or they will become too moist. Arrange half of them them in the bottom of a glass dish.
- Cover the ladyfingers with half of the egg and mascarpone mixture, then dust with cocoa powder.
- Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Let the layers soak into each other.
To create the fried ice cream
- 50g ice cream
- 20g crushed cereal
- 1 egg
- Form the ice cream into balls and freeze.
- Crush up cereal in blender.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl.
- Dip a frozen ice cream ball in the beaten egg and then roll in the crushed cereal and return to the baking sheet. Repeat the procedure again.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or fryer.
- Lower the balls into the oil (be very careful that the oil does not boil over) and fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the oil and place in a dessert bowl.
- Decorate with mint or add fruits and jam. Bon Appétit!